Ahi Tuna Steaks (2 portions, 6 ounces each)
Ahi tuna is a species of tuna that is also known as yellowfin tuna. It is a large, ocean-dwelling fish that can be found in tropical and subtropical waters around the world.
Our Wild Caught Ahi Tuna Steaks are sustainably sourced by handline. We select each Ahi Tuna steak from the finest quality yellowfin tuna harvested in the pristine waters of the Western Central Pacific Ocean.
Ahi tuna is known for its firm, meaty texture and mild, slightly sweet flavor. It is often served raw as sashimi or sushi, but can also be cooked in a variety of ways, such as grilled, seared, or baked.
Ahi tuna is a popular fish for eating due to its high protein content and low fat content, making it a healthy and nutritious choice. It is also a good source of omega-3 fatty acids, which are important for maintaining heart health and reducing inflammation in the body.
Seared Ahi tuna:
- 2 (6-ounce) Ahi tuna steaks, about 1-inch thick
- 1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
- Sliced scallions, for garnish
- In a small bowl, whisk together the soy sauce, honey, rice vinegar, sesame oil, ginger, garlic, and red pepper flakes to make the marinade.
- Place the Ahi tuna steaks in a shallow dish and pour the marinade over the fish, turning to coat well. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Remove the Ahi tuna steaks from the marinade and season both sides with salt and black pepper.
- Sear the Ahi tuna steaks for 1-2 minutes per side, or until browned on the outside and rare on the inside.
- Transfer the Ahi tuna steaks to a cutting board and slice into 1/4-inch thick pieces. Arrange the slices on a serving platter and sprinkle with sesame seeds and scallions.
- Serve immediately with additional soy sauce and wasabi, if desired.